Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to resist. I wanted to be strong. The more time I spent with you guys, the more my will crumbled. I just placed the order.

I ordered a Champion 200913 inverter from Wal Mart. It was listed for $562. Looks like it retails for $799. Amazon has a comparable model for $790. I don't know if it's on sale or if it's a special model made just for Wal Mart. In any event, electric and remote start with that inverter wattage and for that price was more than I could resist. And it's parallel compatible with my Wen. It has a four gallon fuel tank with a 22 hour run time.

How did I do? Good buy?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was on sale yesterday for $559. Wal Mart bumped it up a few dollars today. Fearful that I would check tomorrow and it would be $690, I decided to jump on it. I figured the price was probably not going to go down much, if at all, so I probably wasn't saving anything by waiting.

I like that it comes with a wheel kit too. I've not seen a Champion inverter rated at 4,250 surge with electric and remote start, wheel kit, and oil for that low before. I really wonder if that specific model is a Wall Mart special. I know sometimes manufacturers will make a model specifically for Wal Mart at a reduced price. That happens a lot with their flat screen offerings. Good warranty, too. I've heard Champion CS is good. That will give me two inverters to get me through a power outage should the next one be long.

·
Registered
353 Posts
It was on sale yesterday for $559. Wal Mart bumped it up a few dollars today. Fearful that I would check tomorrow and it would be $690, I decided to jump on it. I figured the price was probably not going to go down much, if at all, so I probably wasn't saving anything by waiting.

I like that it comes with a wheel kit too. I've not seen a Champion inverter rated at 4,250 surge with electric and remote start, wheel kit, and oil for that low before. I really wonder if that specific model is a Wall Mart special. I know sometimes manufacturers will make a model specifically for Wal Mart at a reduced price. That happens a lot with their flat screen offerings. Good warranty, too. I've heard Champion CS is good. That will give me two inverters to get me through a power outage should the next one be long.
I don't think Champion does that. Was it directly from Walmart or a Walmart vendor.

·
Registered
987 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
As long as you only need 120V, that should work well...
The only item we have that uses 240 VAC is the clothes dryer. Everything else is 120. I guess if the outage is long enough that could become a factor. Typically, we don't lose power for longer than a week, and even that is rare. Outages are usually only a few days, which should be long enough for us not to use the dryer. The important items, like the window shakers, the fridge, freezer, and electronics are the ones I'm concerned most about in an outage.

·
Registered
112 Posts
The only item we have that uses 240 VAC is the clothes dryer. Everything else is 120. I guess if the outage is long enough that could become a factor. Typically, we don't lose power for longer than a week, and even that is rare. Outages are usually only a few days, which should be long enough for us not to use the dryer. The important items, like the window shakers, the fridge, freezer, and electronics are the ones I'm concerned most about in an outage.
If worse comes to worse, you can always use a clothsline in lieu of a dryer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts