Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1/2" port on the side of my compressor. I need to run 3/4" around my shop to maintain the flow. Will the 1/2" to 3/4" adapter at the compressor affect my down line performance? If so do I need to bore a new hole on the side of my compressor to accept the 3/4" fitting?

Any cheap vendors out there for brass fittings? I'm making an automatic bleed value and connecting a bunch of compressors in line.

·
Registered
286 Posts
chavenor,

1/2" to 3/4" there will be little drop in airflow unless you are using 100 cfm draw or more. I doubt your draw is more than 20 cfm at any time using multiple air tools, you should be fine.

Stephen

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
chavenor,

1/2" to 3/4" there will be little drop in airflow unless you are using 100 cfm draw or more. I doubt your draw is more than 20 cfm at any time using multiple air tools, you should be fine.

Stephen
Any recommendation for glue for the brass fittings or just Teflon tape? Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Owe you a beer. Next time in WI - Madison are let me know. Post-pandemic of course.

·
Registered
286 Posts
chavenor,

Make sure the air lines are angled with a drain at the bottom of the slope, water condensation would be my concern in your setup.

Stephen

·
Registered
286 Posts
chavenor,

here is a previous post that I talked about condensed air in the line:

·
Registered
286 Posts
chavenor,

You would need separate drains one below and one up top. It is almost impossible to remove water from the air 100% for pipes in a compressed air system. The best you can do is manage the condensed water and vent it out. I'll draw something up and post it

Stephen

·
Registered
286 Posts
chavenor,

"I've got three compressors I'm putting together they are in the basement under the garage. So everything would be flowing back to the compressors is that ok? My pips have to go up?"

I'm not sure that I understand what you are trying to do. There is not enough information to plan a successful implementation in your case. How many feet are we talking? what is the working pressure? how many CFM will be used maximum all at one time? why the three compressors? use 3 because you have them? assumed lower costs, economy? staged use? high CFM demand? to maintain higher pressure? more air tank (volume) available? a backup air system plan?

Stephen

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I have a 1/2" port on the side of my compressor. I need to run 3/4" around my shop to maintain the flow. Will the 1/2" to 3/4" adapter at the compressor affect my down line performance? If so do I need to bore a new hole on the side of my compressor to accept the 3/4" fitting?

Any cheap vendors out there for brass fittings? I'm making an automatic bleed value and connecting a bunch of compressors in line.
how many cfm is your largest tool?
and how many total tools to be ran at the same time?
that affects the total system cfm requirement.
and yes larger shop pressure lines act like a reserve tank.
we use 3/4 rapid air line in the shop
click here for the shop tools and air compressor page

1 - 14 of 14 Posts