Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 316.794400 Craftsman 2 cycle 31cc Incredi pull straight shaft Weedeater trimmer. It's only about 2 years old and there's problem with the pull start and possibly the engine.

It was running and stopped (carb need adjusting), however when I went to restart the pull cord doesn't seem to engage for about 12 to 14 inches. However if I try to pull the cord further than 12 or so inches the cord won't budge. I think the pull start cord should come out about 2 feet or so.

Does anyone have a repair manual for this kind of trimmer?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have a 316.794400 Craftsman 2 cycle 31cc Incredi pull straight shaft Weedeater trimmer. It's only about 2 years old and there's problem with the pull start and possibly the engine.

It was running and stopped (carb need adjusting), however when I went to restart the pull cord doesn't seem to engage for about 12 to 14 inches. However if I try to pull the cord further than 12 or so inches the cord won't budge. I think the pull start cord should come out about 2 feet or so.

Does anyone have a repair manual for this kind of trimmer?

Thank you for any help you can provide.
Update - After a Google search I found a couple Youtube videos on different trimmer brands that seem to indicate the piston is seized. Here's the link to the video I'll be following:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts