Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

I have a question that I am hoping someone can help me with. Can I do a coolant flush on a radiator system that has a tank heater that cannot be isolated from the engine (with shutoff ball valves or something like it)?

The reason I ask is that I am wondering if the cleaner will damage the heating element in the jacket water heater. The heating element would be diconnected from power and off. The generator is a small natural gas engine around 75kw. Im guessing it would be ok, but it does not hurt to ask.

If anyone has any experience at this type of thing, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Banned
380 Posts
Flushing the heater will not harm it. Just be sure to remove it's power while doing the flush. After refilling with coolant/antifreeze and a wet liner treatment (should you have those and need it) be sure to bleed the trapped air, if any before plugging it back it. You can run the unit until the thermostat opens 2 or more times or bleed it at the heater it's self.
Make sure to bleed any trapped air from the engine also before you start it. As some thermostats do not have bleeders and many engines do not have a air bleed shunt line to the radiator.
Hope this helps.

Kenneth

1 - 2 of 2 Posts