Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to connect 2 pressure washers to 1 garden hose? I know there's adaptors that give you 2 hoses on one machine but what if I have 2 machines? Can I connect that to 1 water hose using and adapter? Will it decrease the pressure?

·
Super Moderator
232 Posts
I assume you are wanting to run two pressure washers at the same time.

It's not so much about pressure as volume. If you have two pressure washers that each draw 2 gallons per minute, you need a total of 4 gallons per minute of volume from your water hose to run them . If your water hose can only deliver 3 gallons per minute, you won't have enough water volume. Insufficient water volume is not good for a pressure washer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you are wanting to run two pressure washers at the same time.

It's not so much about pressure as volume. If you have two pressure washers that each draw 2 gallons per minute, you need a total of 4 gallons per minute of volume from your water hose to run them . If your water hose can only deliver 3 gallons per minute, you won't have enough water volume. Insufficient water volume is not good for a pressure washer.
Thanks, additionally would you happen to know how to find out the GPM of the garden hoses or an average GPM?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
you can also use a large water tank on a trailer as a buffer for the gpm.
then use large fittings to a splitter manifold.
exactly how many gpm are the washers each?
allow 20% more dia on the fitting size.
and 50% more dia on hoses longer than 25 feet.

we use the northern tool trailer washers to do this.
then put a ball valve and garden hose fitting in the bottom of the tank to feed the second power washer.

it works well for wash down of construction sites parking lots!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
you can also use a large water tank on a trailer as a buffer for the gpm.
then use large fittings to a splitter manifold.
exactly how many gpm are the washers each?
allow 20% more dia on the fitting size.
and 50% more dia on hoses longer than 25 feet.

we use the northern tool trailer washers to do this.
then put a ball valve and garden hose fitting in the bottom of the tank to feed the second power washer.

it works well for wash down of construction sites parking lots!
Thanks for the information I have one 4 gpm and one 3.5 Gpm machine and iv'e been trying to find a way to complete jobs more efficiently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Run the hose into a 5 gallon bucket for exactly one minute and see how much water you have.
So in conclusion I need water volume, I have a 3.5 GPM machine and a 4 GPM machine, I would need a garden hose with 7.5 GPM?

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I would go 10 gpm min to feed those
or a 3/4 id hose as a min. with no restrictions.
and connect to a 1 inch feed from the main water supply.
then you never have to look back.
you could always use a booster transfer pump to min the cavitation if you are low flow on the feed.

oh yea the longer the feed the larger the diameter needed.
so keep the small dia runs as short as you can.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts