Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Speed Clean gas pressure washer which works pretty well in high pressure. When switching to low pressure (adjust the plastic thing on the end of the wand), I don't get much pressure at all, and also I have not been able to get it to siphon any detergent. I would think it would be just a little higher than it is.

Last time I used it was a few days ago, and I spilled detergent on my concrete steps and used high pressure. That seemed to work. :)

I'm thinking I should take the nozzle out of the plastic thing and clean it out, maybe check where the detergent gets pulled into the pump, but outside of those two potential ideas, I'm not sure what's next. I did notice that the filter end for the detergent hose is gone. There's nothing visible clogging that hose, but I can pull it completely off to see what the deal is.

Any tips?

·
Registered
179 Posts
I'm not sure what a "plastic thing " is.
Most homeowner pumps use the venturi effect to siphon a liquid. For that to work you need a certain volume, or flow, and usually that means using a relatively large nozzle diameter to deliver the volume necessary to make the venturi work.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Although those pull/push/twost multi nozzles work they are problematic and low grade. Your best is to change the wand if possible on that machine to quick connect tips that way you get a better pattern and can go to the black low pressure soap tip. But I never use that feature. I just mix up a good pump sprayer with cleaner and pre spray everything down and follow with the pressure washer.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Also lower you inlet hose pressure slowly while activating the siphon low pressure on the machine and see if it starts pulling the detergent then.

·
Registered
519 Posts
there is 2 kinds of soap injection high pressure (i like this style) and low pressure.
the low pressure most of the time you change out the nozzel to the black one.
and as soon as you have the other colors of nozzels on the wand it cuts off the soap...
i have links to power washer mall on the poust site in my signature..
they have all of the cool fittings at great prices!!
and buy stainless fittings they last longer in the quick couplings.
they are not that much higher than brass!

with all the equipment washing i do each year i was blowing out the brass fittings every month...
that stopped when i switched to stainless.
but then i am using a hot steam style trailer washer with 5000+ psi lol the real deal!!
i use the high pressure soap injector and steam clean down to almost zero deg F out...
i run a hose in to the tank to recirculate the hot water from the burner to keep the tank warm. on cold days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts