Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an A.C.P. (Jacksonville, Florida) air compressor that’s 30 years old with an 80 gallon tank, 2 of Challenge Air (FS Curtis) E-23 pumps, 2 of Baldor 1HP 3-Phase 240 volt motors, 2 of Furnas 69M B6Y Pressure (cutoff) Controls, 2 of Furnas 14BP32AA71 Non-reversing motor starters, and a Furnas 47AB10BG Alternator (Alternating Relay). When either of the pumps is working separately (other pump belts removed) both work fine. But when both are working together they work fine from 0 psi (to 100 psi cutoff) but when starting up from 65 psi they both start and stop (turn a fraction of a rotation, stop, hesitate, try again) and the motor starters clack like a machine gun.

Also, when running on one pump it will go for days or weeks OK then stop (not restart). If I cycle the power off and back on it starts and runs again (for days or weeks).

What do you suggest? Thanks VERY much for your help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
make sure the clocking of the 3 phase is right, use a rotation meter / indicator.
also check that the points are working right in the contactors in the start box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you Iowagold. Can you say a little more about the "points are working right"? How does this work and what should I look for? Thank you, Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts