Power Equipment Forum banner

coleman pressure washer

706 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  wfp753373 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a used Coleman with a honda eng. Would not start. changed plug and getting good spark with spark tester. removed carb and cleaned. replaced and it started and smoked a minute or two then ran normal but seems to be running at a very high speed. pressure is great . how fast should it run and is there an adjustment. I removed what I thought was the idle screw and removed the jet under it to clean reinstalled and put idle? screw back in . Could this be a top speed screw?

#2 ·
Finally figured it out. the governor linkage was not installed completely and was full speed. Now it idles down when not washing and speeds up when washing. all is good. hate removing and replacing honda carbs lots of parts to align to install filter plate and all gaskets. If I have to do it again I will get 2 studs and remove one bolt and install stud then the other. Then I can install one piece at a time. then reinstall bolts one at a time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.