Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a starter solenoid # 0056115 for a Coleman Powermate Vertex 7500 generator. It's discontinued and they don't seem to have a replacement, not sure why. Can I use one from a different machine or just try and match it up with one that looks the similar?

Have another question, in the manual it states that the 50A socket is for 240 loads or high amp 120 loads and there's a wiring diagram for wiring up the plug for 240. Does this gen supply 240 volts? During a recent outage we could not use our 240 V Central ACs or even our Mini Split, could this generator have powered them?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
7500 is a bit low for big ac units
but if you do a soft start it would have a chance!
click here for the generator connection page with the soft start unit

snap a picture of the starter sol.
how about one like this?
craftsman start sol
It's all the way underneath the plate that holds the engine, it's a vertical gen. Hard to get a photo of, if/when I get it out I'll take a photo, for right now it works when I tap the mounting bolts with a hammer...LOL. This is it on a site:

Great POUST site, thanks. I have larger watt generators but that was the only one that had the 240 plug and said that it was actually for 240 loads, still not sure. Would have paid that cost of the soft starter the other day for sure. I have to figure out the wattage also...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts