Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a chance to buy one of the older liquid cooled 25kw Powermates with 255hrs. It runs and makes voltage. Are these any good and what is the going price with these hours? Anyone who is familiar please chime in. Model #0622502

·
Registered
222 Posts
The generator appears to be of good quality.
Finding parts for the controller may be a problem, but a good technician could repair the board with the exception of the ICU.
With no more than 225 hours it may well be worth a try if the price is right.
I looked up powermate.com and they clearly do not make the large version of the generator you are seeking. Powermate is a separate company from Coleman and did go into bankruptcy in 2008.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The generator appears to be of good quality.
Finding parts for the controller may be a problem, but a good technician could repair the board with the exception of the ICU.
With no more than 225 hours it may well be worth a try if the price is right.
I looked up powermate.com and they clearly do not make the large version of the generator you are seeking. Powermate is a separate company from Coleman and did go into bankruptcy in 2008.
Yep, the control panel is a concern if it should fail. Could always cobble in an aftermarket panel. The engine computer and coil pack are items still supported by Ford and Autozone. Even though low in hours it is at least 20 years old. He is asking $3000 which seems overpriced, even with the low hours.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Does he offer the transfer switch? If so, that would add about $500 of cost if not.
I found the schematics for this generator and it seems well laid out and easy to follow.
Page 17 & 18

Reactions: iowagold
1 - 5 of 5 Posts