Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product: Husqvarna trimmer, 128CD. Problem: trimmer head won’t turn, however throttle works just fine.

I have disassembled the unit and it looks like the clutch is working just fine. Or at least it looks fine. The clutch drum over the clutch also looks fine...except for a plastic piece that connects the clutch drum to the driveshaft. The plastic piece is damaged and I suspect it got that way when the main shaft began to slip because of a loose screw. Oddly, I can not find that plastic piece on the machine diagram at the Husqvarna website. I assume that plastic piece is essential as the drive shaft seems to be too small to make the clutch drum turn on its own.

Can anyone tell me where I can find a replacement for that plastic piece? Or on the other hand, should I just purchase a new clutch drum? well the Husqvarna kit does not appear to include the plastic piece, I saw a universal kit that appears to have its own attached metal connection instead of the plastic piece. Maybe that would do the trick?Any advice would be so appreciated!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts