Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So who does em, how much do they do and what kind of lights are you using???

Me

i use clear mini bulbs (want all LED's .... maybe soon) i outline my entire roof, driveway and sidewalk, put icecicles over the garage door and along the the wood that meets the brick, cross on the roof, manger in yard, reindeer, and santa....... i want the blowup santa on a harley, the santa and reindeer in the travel trailer (wish it was a motorhome), a tree, and a disney snow globe.

one year i put lights all over the motorhome, hooked up the lil trailer and put big bags on it to look like bag of toys and set a santa in the drivers seat.

i only got some pics from a few years back when i didnt have as much as i do now ...... this year i will have to take some pics again

sorry thats all i got, and the one is snow yes snow only 15 miles from the gulf of mexico, this was 2004 IIRC, i have lost alot of my pics due to losing my backup harddrive .... LOL i just noticed thats my ex's camaro outside, and my camaro is nice and save and warm in the garage where it stays hehehe

·
Administrator
142 Posts
I have lived in an apartment for the last few years so its been difficult to put up any Christmas lights. Prior to that I spent some time living in the Baja in Mexico. You could always tell the x-pats in the suburb we lived in with the huge display of christmas lights on their house. We decorated the inside of the house while I was there one of my roommates was insanely paranoid about bringing attention to our home.

·
Registered
478 Posts
When I was younger I did quite a bit. The older I get the less I do. Down to a string of lights on the front and one of those hoop/spiral trees in the front yard. :eek:

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
i have to be in the right mood to put up lights and most years i just dont feel like it but i want to put some up this year although the last time i put lights up they got destroyed by the neighbors dog. so we'll see

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I don't do outside lights, anymore. By the the time christmas is really here, i'm done sick of it. Every year it seems the stores put the christmas stuff out, earlier and earlier. Heck i'm already decorating for easter!!!LOL

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well my only problem is i really have to have an extra hand, and it seems people only want to help when it to help them :mad: but we will see

·
Registered
19 Posts
I put some lights on the front porch and that is only to keep the Little Lady of the House Happy

·
Registered
6 Posts
How much better are the LED lights? I've always wondered a little about how the snow gets effected by LEDs.

I only say that because I know near my home, a lot of traffic lights have become LED lights.... One thing my snowy winter community didn't think of before hand, is that the old light burned hot and melted the snow that covered the lights.... Now the lights get all covered with ice and can be **** hard to see in the day.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IDK about LED and snow and ice, they told us drivers when LED came out to make sure you were clearin snow and ice of all of you LED lights since they do not get hot to melt the snow and all

as for christmas lights, i like how you can hook up ALOT more led strands then incandesents, and the should last longer

1 - 11 of 11 Posts