Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if there is any interest in starting something for these air cooled Chinese diesel generators. I have one and I know there a lot of the, out them. Some have been running for many hours and then there are some that were DOA. I have under 10hrs on mine. Starts right up and runs great. I run Mobil 1 synthetic in. I actually use 5w40 and have no problems. I change the oil every 5 right now while it is still new. I got a few shavings in the filter on first change, but none since. Mine is the enclosed version which is why I decided to buy it. At 5hrs I took the enclosure off completely and went thru all the bolts and lines for peace of mind. I am not too familiar with the build quality of the generator side but the yanmar clone seems to be as good as you can get without getting it from yanmar. I have a friend who replaces any broken with oem yanmar parts and he says everything is interchangeable. I have an interlock plate I put on my panel and I can power just about everything in my house except central ac. I do have natural gas for heat and hot water so not much electrical load except for lights and appliances.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts