Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you want a stocking stuffer or inexpensive Christmas present "add-on" please give consideration to adding a pair of Snap-On socks to the primary gift. I've given them as an add-on with past Christmas gifts and the comments I get back are rave comments about the socks, not the present! Two of those people have converted completely to wearing these socks like I have. I was turned-on to them by receiving a pair for Christmas. They are the thickest most luxurious socks I've ever worn, and they are all I have worn for about five years. Really, cushioning far beyond what one can imagine. I have foot problems and a day out in the shop on concrete has me aching from the knees down that night. I was wearing two pair of my previous socks and they still did not offer the cushioning of Snap-On. If you call your Snap-On rep http://www.snaponequipment.com/CustomerCare/zipcode_finder/default.asp he can drop-ship you a dozen. Price is $5-6/pair if bought by the dozen.

The only draw back is that they will make your loafers and other slip-on shoes very tight until you stretch them out further. Your lace-ups will need to be loosened. They are that thick.

Reactions: drmerdp

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
I LOVE those socks too. lol. Great jackets as well. My snap on guy retired this year and after 4 months still no one has replaced him…. What is this world coming to.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
finding a good snap on guy is like finding a good pair of socks...
lol
yup that is 2020-2025 for sure!

i need to see my guy... last i knew he had the zombie thing...
and i have been avoiding zombies!
lol!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Tabora I tried to to find the company that makes them for Snap-On. Because being the cheap ******* that I am I balk at shelling out $70+ Snap-On type pricing for a dozen socks. There's always a cheaper source on the internet, right? Wrong. A waste of time. Apparently they have a pipeline to China with no middleman. The one lead I generated was a company in Mississippi if I remember right. No answer at the phone there. Like a Honda...buy once, cry once. I'm on my second dozen of low cut, first dozen of longs. Here's my Snap-On guy, Wayne Hanson (409)384-0025. I think he is sorta' retired from Snap-On too, off his truck for a few years. Is now doing a part-time retirement gig for Snap-On as some kind of supervisory/training/consultant role thing. He will take your order over the phone, then have then drop shipped to you from Olive, Mississippi. Easy enough.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts