Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello i have a Champion Gen #42451 . Bought new 3 years ago never used for any amount of time. Always put stable in & always start couple times a year. started it couple weeks ago runs fine for about 10 min then shuts off, like you turned off & fires right back up again, just keeps doing this. I thought it needed a new coil, ordered one on e-bay, put on & still does the same any idea's, Tks.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Have you checked the vent in the gas cap? What you describe sounds like a classic plugged vent starving the engine for fuel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi No i haven't checked that, good idea, someone did mention about bad cap & i loosened it, fired up gen & it did the same thing, but i will check on vent. Tks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the oil sensor, would it start right back up & run for awhile OR ?? maybe thats it ? Cause its full on oil

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have to agree that it could very well be the low-oil sensor. Make sure the oil is filled, disconnect the low-oil sensor wire and turn on.......if it isn't that, it will shut down like you say and on to something else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i feel like a dumb ass, get ready to check oil sensor, decided to check oil first, was showing 1/2 full, so topped up, gen never shut off. HOWEVER apparently 1/2 full means low i guess. Thank You for help, i'll go crawl back under the rock i came from, cheers.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
my 2500 watt dual fuel generator champion runs for 5 mins on propane them shuts down its level and oil good just bought generator
what is the exact model number on your champion gen set #fishon?
does it have the C/O detection?
that can be an issue in some areas of running of those late model gen sets..
c/o build up if you do not run a fan on the gen set to stir the fresh air.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts