Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, all i have a champion Generator 4000 model # 46598 and my voltage meter was knocked off on transport i got a replacement meter but not sure where the wires go on the meter it's just 2 pron but i have 3 wires, i'll post pics so you'll have a better understanding i downloaded the manual but it doesn't show me anything about the voltage meter which is analog. here is the pick so if anyone has this particular generator please let me know I've
s-l640.jpg IMG_1639.JPG
s-l640 (1).jpg
search everywhere and i'm so frustrated.

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
Well, according to the wiring digram in the owners manual there should be just 2 wires. Brown and Blue.

The image of the replacement voltage gauge has 3 terminals and you have three wires... I'd grab a multimeter and double check which wires have 120v. Then test between those two wires for 240v. Those should technically be the 2 wires that attach to the raised portion of the gauge. I'm assuming the other lower lug is a ground.

Check all of the wires for voltage and make sure there isnt anything funny going on.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Well, according to the wiring digram in the owners manual there should be just 2 wires. Brown and Blue.
The image of the replacement voltage gauge has 3 terminals and you have three wires...
There are actually two lower mounting lugs, one on each side. I'm betting the third white grounding wire mounts on one of those; Brown & Blue on the upper lugs, assuming you test them as @drmerdp described and they provide 240V.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts