Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What other Bosch spark plug can use beside the HS8E. Bosch discontinued it as of 8/2011. It replaces the champion DJ8J that was used in the little Homelite XL-2 Chainsaws.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would call Bosch at their 800 number or e-mail them and see what spark plug number the suggest if any. You may not have any option but to change brands. Sometimes there is no choice but it sounds like the saws original manufacture had confidence in Champions. Roger

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had nothing but bad luck with champion spark plugs. Champion plugs blogs down chainsaws on some make/models but bosch doesnt. I dont use champion spark plugs on any my personal equipment. I use bosch, autolite, torch, or oregon spark plugs.

·
Registered
163 Posts
When I used Google and your Bosch plug number there are several places that list an Oregon and Autolite spark plug equal to it. Champion would still be better than throwing the saw away. Roger

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know Champion is worthless in chainsaws and weedeaters. Bosch give them more power. I'll use NGK before using Champion again. Champion arent the same as what they used to be.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I wouldn't wait because when they are gone they are gone. If I was that brand loyal I would buy a couple so I had them. Roger

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been a small engine mechanic for nearly 20 years and i have never had a lot of faith in Bosch or Champion plugs - I would personally fit a BPM6F or a BM6F, the projected core does help with carbon issues in the plug or just run the engine at full RPM to get combustion temps up high enough to burn the oil off

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ended buying 20 of Bosch HS8E as Stens can no longer get them either. Few weeks ago I ordered the shop pack of 25 of the NGK BM6F.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts