Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can you give us the make and model? If it is old enough to not have limiter caps gently seat the H and L screws then back them out 1-1/8 turns. Start the saw and rev it out briefly. Adjust the H screw in and repeat until you hear a slight hunt. Adjust the L until it idles at a lope and picks up cleanly. Turn the larger speed screw until the chain stops moving. The newer saws with caps don't offer much leeway. Turn the H screw anti clockwise as far as it will go.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
These are older saws that dont have caps.

I have a Lombard saw that cuts off when getting warm/hot when test running it without cutting with it. I recently rebuilt carb on it. My tach is broke. So I'm gonna have to do it without a tach.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If it is an older saw with points and condenser I supect your condenser is going bad. Classic symptom of a bad condenser is engine quiting after a few minutes run time. Could also be a bad spark plug or wrong heat range spark plug. Welcome to PEF. Roger

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It has new Champion Cj6. Its Lombard Comango. I also noticed the saw will surge when squeezing trigger meaning speeds up and down then all sudden speeds up really high then slows really down then its back to normal before cutting off. This all in a few minutes of run time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts