Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Simple question I almost feel dumb for asking but want to give as much life as possible to this older compressor. Basically, is the oil checked with little square dipstick screwed in or just seated. One way is below the hatch marks and the other is overfilled so I feel that its pretty important. I've looked everywhere for owners manuals and tried to compare to similar pumps but have had no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Seems like modern compressors have actual dipsticks that are much more obvious in their use. Thanks in advance.
20200415_125907.jpg
20200415_130005.jpg
20200415_130032.jpg
20200415_125921.jpg

·
Registered
120 Posts
Trying to see who's the manufacture of that . Can you upload a picture of the tank tank? By looking at the sump on the bottom it looks like even if you were to check it sitting on the threads it still wouldnt be overfilled and cause any issue with case pressure. Its just like a small engine with splash lubrication from the crank having a little dip finger on it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response! I can post a pic of the plate that's welded to the tank. And that is pretty much my concern with it being overfilled so that's good to hear. I wasn't sure how far the rod dipped down and don't want to cause damage. Even in small engines some dipsticks are checked seated and others screwed in so I wasn't sure about this. Thanks again. View attachment 7786

·
Registered
120 Posts
Man I cant find anything on who the manufacture was of this compressor. Regardless oil level is a none issue anyhow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts