Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My new Honda GCV190 powered pressure washer arrived last week. Poured in about 12 ounces of oil to the full mark, so it already had some in it. Installed an hour meter on the fan shroud. The GCV190 started right up and did a great, quiet job! Practiced on the granite steps and patio/walkway and then hit a foundling HRM215 mower with it. What a difference!

Then, on to the deck! I'm loving this refurbished PW. For $280 and free shipping, I think it's a pretty great deal. 2.2 hours of runtime so far, so almost half way to the break-in oil change.

That's my wife's comment below...

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tabora, aren't these the handiest things?
They sure are! I had a Kärcher electric one that was only in the mid-teens PSI range, but I loaned it out years ago (and can't remember to whom) and never got it back; hence this new one. The much higher 2800-3200 PSI this one generates (depending on nozzle angle) is a huge improvement, too.
Does the engine has an adjustable throttle?
The GCV190 does not have a manual throttle in this application. It is governed and idles down when not discharging water, though.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The accessory tray on my "Murray" PW was received damaged, and I just received a prompt replacement from Briggs & Stratton customer service. I now have a "Craftsman" PW!!! This tray can also hold all 5 of the nozzles. Very pleased with the customer service response.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I feel that sears brands -Craftsman; Kenmore- were top shelf. Same for Sears customer service. I believe this was reflected by decades of Consumer Reports testing and surveys.
I, too, have an older Craftsman PW. Has a B&S 7.5 hp and Annovi Reverberi 3100 psi/3 gpm pump.
Bought it on clearance for mid-300's.
Wonderfully useful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts