Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for bridge rectifier for Coleman Powermate PM0645500. It's a 5500/6875 watt Yamaha engine generator, about 16years old. The old capacitor of the old bridge rectifier says 470 microfarads 200v. Should the capacitor of the new bridge rectifier meet or exceed the specs of the of the old one? I've found 4 for sale so far ranging from $50-$75. I bought this used for $30. Engine runs great but no power. Anything I should look for when choosing a bridge rectifier?
Circuit component Passive circuit component Electronic component Electronic engineering Hardware programmer

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Two things:
First, be wary of replacement rectifier boards that uses a capacitor that is too tall. It will not fit in the cavity on the end-cap. If you go down this route, aside from checking that the capacitor value is identical, make sure that it's not any taller than the original.

Second, if you're handy with a soldering iron or you know someone who is, you can just purchase a new capacitor and replace the old one.

Pertinent videos you might find interesting....

Diagnosis and testing the diodes on the bridge rectifier (Skipped to 37:30):

Capacitor replacement video:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Two things:
First, be wary of replacement rectifier boards that uses a capacitor that is too tall. It will not fit in the cavity on the end-cap. If you go down this route, aside from checking that the capacitor value is identical, make sure that it's not any taller than the original.

Second, if you're handy with a soldering iron or you know someone who is, you can just purchase a new capacitor and replace the old one.

Pertinent videos you might find interesting....

Diagnosis and testing the diodes on the bridge rectifier (Skipped to 37:30):

Capacitor replacement video:
I already watched the videos you referenced. I have never done any soldering and wouldn't want to learn how at this time. I'm looking at this board: Generator Rectifier Board Improved Design! Replaces Coleman Powermate 0063525 | eBay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts