Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have a battery back-up for their sump pump i was thinking about getting one for my grandma's house because her basement is always getting water in it when it rains so i'm really looking for the pros and cons of having a back-up.

·
Premium Member
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not sure how they work at all i just thought that it might be a good idea so i don't get a phone call in the middle of the night from her telling me that the power is out and the basement is flooded lol and hopefully somebody knows about the back-up systems

·
Registered
5 Posts
Still flooded ?
My house has/had a Mid Atlantic system (NOT recommended)..
Good in some respects..but it stopped working soon after I bought the dump......err....house..
Now I have a regular SP with "manual" back up..
Not not have a flooded basement is a several thousand dollar repair....at least....maybe even ten..

·
Banned
3 Posts
Wire EDM services

Battery backup sump pumps are used to supplement primary pumps. Primary pumps can fail due to power outages, mechanical failure or excessive use. When the power goes out, the motor overheats or there too much water coming into the pit, you could experience the flooding. With a battery backup pump, you get several hours of additional protection from water damage.

The other main reason battery backup pumps are called into service is during a rain storm or rapid snow melt. If the primary sump pump cannot handle the amount of water in the pit, your basement can start flood.

When tne primary pump cannot keep up and the water rises in the pit, the backup sump pump goes to work. You can essentially double your pumping power with a backup pump.

The best benefit of a battery backup sump pump is the peace of mind you get knowing you have got multiple layers of protection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts