Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm hoping to upgrade from my 20+ year old powermate generator. I have it narrowed down to a used northstar 5500/4500 with a honda gx 270 or a coleman powermate contractor 6000/7500 with a honda gx 390..any opinions out there...my gut is saying the northstar because it's newer and I can't find much information in the powermate...I like the capacity of the powermate more though. My house is small but I have a boiler, well pump, fridges and etc. Any advice would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi guys, I'm hoping to upgrade from my 20+ year old powermate generator. I have it narrowed down to a used northstar 5500/4500 with a honda gx 270 or a coleman powermate contractor 6000/7500 with a honda gx 390..any opinions out there...my gut is saying the northstar because it's newer and I can't find much information in the powermate...I like the capacity of the powermate more though. My house is small but I have a boiler, well pump, fridges and etc. Any advice would be great! Thanks
Or if anyone has a recommendation for a new or used model I should look into that would be cool...I just want a good one that should last awhile without breaking the bank. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
You should look at Champion. I love mine. It's a model 100296 dual fuel. I bought mine new but there is a company called Supergen. They are a Champion authorized dealer that also sells refurbished Champions. My boss bought one for the business, a model 100231 dual fuel that's about the size you're looking at. It looked brand new when it showed up and runs great.

But there are plenty to choose from if you're also just looking for just gas powered or a different wattage range. Here is a link to their other listings.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts