Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I recently had a conversation with someone who swears by using AV100 Aviation Fuel for his generators, and small engines .

I have a new Honda EU7000 and was wondering if anyone out there is using this type of fuel with it.

Also, just in general, is this fuel okay to use in small engines? I like the idea that its NON Ethanol and has greater shelf life. In order to purchase basic non-ethanol fuel I would have to drive 2-1/2 hours each way, not ideal.

- DT

·
Registered
894 Posts
1. Airports are not supposed to sell it for non-avation use.
2. The higher octane rating can make it more difficult to ignite.
3. It contains lead.

Reactions: captchas

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hello All,

I recently had a conversation with someone who swears by using AV100 Aviation Fuel for his generators, and small engines .

I have a new Honda EU7000 and was wondering if anyone out there is using this type of fuel with it.

Also, just in general, is this fuel okay to use in small engines? I like the idea that its NON Ethanol and has greater shelf life. In order to purchase basic non-ethanol fuel I would have to drive 2-1/2 hours each way, not ideal.

- DT
Treat your E-10 gas with a double dose of fuel stabilizer as soon as you buy it. I use Stabil Marine 360 - the blue stabilizer. Run your generator every couple of months with a couple of space heaters hooked up to it, long enough to bring the oil up to operating temp.
Drain the fuel every six months or so and put fresh gas in. Use the old gas in your car.
Also, fuel injectors are less troublesome than carburetors.
I've done this for years with all of my small engines and never had an issue due to bad gas.
Nice Generator. Take care of it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
1. Airports are not supposed to sell it for non-avation use.
2. The higher octane rating can make it more difficult to ignite.
3. It contains lead.
Not true. They just cannot pump it into licensed vehicles. The airport here sells it to anyone. They even have a sign out front that say's, "Boaters Welcome". They'll pump it into cans, boats, dirt bikes, sand rails, jet skis, name it. There are even gas stations in town that sell it.

I don't run it because we have a station in town that sells 93 Octane Non Ethanol Unleaded Fuel. All the race boats use it. That or 100 LL AvGas. Leaded fuel in small power equipment will cause far less problems than Ethanol will over time. And the shelf life of 100 LL AvGas is all but indefinite.

·
Registered
9 Posts
private pilot here, airports are NOT supposed to sell av gas for nonaviation uses, while many do, it's really not legal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts