Power Equipment Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Just want to give a closing update...

I received the new remote and Receiver module today from CPE. The new remote still wouldn’t work with the old receiver. So neither remote would work with that receiver.

Now it gets curious...

I installed the new receiver. It worked perfectly with the new remote but my old remote still did not work.

It’s kinda hard for me to believe that both of my original components had failed but that’s what it looks like.

Everything is now back to working as perfectly as the day I uncrated it 8 years ago.

Thanks to the Champion Power Equipment company for great customer service and to the posters who spent their time here helping me.

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Glad you resolved the issue. I've only had to contact CPE once, but had a very pleasant experience as well.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Just want to give a closing update...

I received the new remote and Receiver module today from CPE. The new remote still wouldn’t work with the old receiver. So neither remote would work with that receiver.

Now it gets curious...

I installed the new receiver. It worked perfectly with the new remote but my old remote still did not work.

It’s kinda hard for me to believe that both of my original components had failed but that’s what it looks like.

Everything is now back to working as perfectly as the day I uncrated it 8 years ago.

Thanks to the Champion Power Equipment company for great customer service and to the posters who spent their time here helping me.
open the old remote and see if it has dip programming for the signal code..
or it can be a fixed paired thing..
open the the old rx unit and see if it has dip settings as well.

the dips are the old school pairing..
from there it gets in to the new memory style pairing like on the late cars keyless entry and autostart units.

also check the battery contacts on the old remote real close..
those watch style battery's leak after 4-5 years sometimes.

I would replace the battery's in the remotes every 2 years just like on a car remote.
they are a low cost thing to do.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts