Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Alkota 2142 hot water pressure washer. The burner will run all the time as long as I have the wand open, will cut off when I quit spraying. My problem is what controls the temperature, it will get so hot it will just steam, afraid someone will get hurt with it. I can't find anything to control temp., it has a vacuum switch the power runs thru and as long as its pumping water the switch is closed causing the burner to ignite. There has to be some way of controlling temp and I can't find it. Would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I have a Alkota 2142 hot water pressure washer. The burner will run all the time as long as I have the wand open, will cut off when I quit spraying. My problem is what controls the temperature, it will get so hot it will just steam, afraid someone will get hurt with it. I can't find anything to control temp., it has a vacuum switch the power runs thru and as long as its pumping water the switch is closed causing the burner to ignite. There has to be some way of controlling temp and I can't find it. Would appreciate any help.
click here for the power washer manual
and click here for the factory web site

i would add on a temp control to this steam clean unit so it could be a hot water wash unit.
easy to do
just buy a controller and the proper fittings for the high pressure temp sender.
and then you are set.
click here for powerwasher mall site for parts

1 - 2 of 2 Posts