Power Equipment Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
How do you find these....I've been trying to find one for at least year...just need to check the flywheel rotation and oh I hope it works.

·
Registered
66 Posts
If it works it will make up for a, to put it mildly, a horrible day. I go to a retailer to pick up a button battery for a micrometer, come back home and the battery doesn't turn it on. So make the hour trip back to try another battery which doesn't work either (this time I take the micrometer with me) the sales person looks at the instructions and it calls for + side up which I was putting + side down. What a relief. I thank her and leave the store only to discover my wallet is missing. Back into the store, retracing the steps I took, no wallet, she takes me to Customer Service and an older gentlemen found it laying in the parking lot (WalMart) and what a relief because I was beyond my threshold of civility.
There still are people with integrity and honesty in this fouled up world.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It seems the part number for that etq generator starter motor is ETQ4LE2 & ETQ6LE2 It's what I found online while investigating.
As you know it's a chinese gen, so parts will be world wide and may often come from another country.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
If it works it will make up for a, to put it mildly, a horrible day. I go to a retailer to pick up a button battery for a micrometer, come back home and the battery doesn't turn it on. So make the hour trip back to try another battery which doesn't work either (this time I take the micrometer with me) the sales person looks at the instructions and it calls for + side up which I was putting + side down. What a relief. I thank her and leave the store only to discover my wallet is missing. Back into the store, retracing the steps I took, no wallet, she takes me to Customer Service and an older gentlemen found it laying in the parking lot (WalMart) and what a relief because I was beyond my threshold of civility.
There still are people with integrity and honesty in this fouled up world.
Some days are like that, you just have to get through them is all, then forget them lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but to find the Flywheel rotation, I will pull the rope cord and facing it see which way the flywheel rotates...correct?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Correct me if I'm wrong but to find the Flywheel rotation, I will pull the rope cord and facing it see which way the flywheel rotates...correct?
I would just be guessing sorry

Here is another link to a web site that gives more info on that starter, it seems to fit ALL chinese diesel gens to a certain size.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Here is something I just found about rotation, hopefully it is correct.

"On MOST engines, the rotation is clockwise when viewing the "Front" of the engine. ON small engines, the front is the flywheel end. PTO side is the back where the rotation is Counter-Clockwise. Most automotive engine, the flywheel is on the rear where the rotation is still Counter-Clockwise. This is NOT always true because there are a few reverse rotation engines out there. "

·
Registered
66 Posts
It seems the part number for that etq generator starter motor is ETQ4LE2 & ETQ6LE2 It's what I found online while investigating.
As you know it's a chinese gen, so parts will be world wide and may often come from another country.
The last link lists the letters and numbers you posted above. ETQ4LE2 & ETQ6LE2. So probably should buy that one.

·
Registered
66 Posts
The two sets of characters might be for a CW or CCW rotation, second thought must be size watt Generator 4000 or 6000,.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Give this a try then
[/QUOTE

Tried to order this Starter assy. no option to specify CW or CCW which mine is the latter, which also specifies in the details to do so. Anything I'm over looking in the order detail options?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #33 (Edited)
Yes it seems confusing, the title says it's clockwise. Then it says to specify which one you need, and there is no where to click to specify....
Perhaps try contacting the seller. Remember these sellers could be overseas so account for time difference for a reply.

I sent a message as well, just for the heck of it. :)

"Message Sent

Please allow 2 business days for ZHEDAN-US to respond. Amazon will also receive a copy of your message. "

·
Registered
66 Posts

Tried to place order for above starter, details mentioned to specify CW or CCW rotation, which mine is the latter.

No where did I see an option to do this and when order preceded to place order, it said CW in description.

Did I miss something or, there not offering it in CCW as the details in their listing suggest?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Okay was typing you another message when you made the last post...didn't see a Contact Seller option but saw:

Customer questions & answers so left a question...saw your link to the company for contact...Thank you.

Should I also ask them at the link you provided?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Okay was typing you another message when you made the last post...didn't see a Contact Seller option but saw:

Customer questions & answers so left a question...saw your link to the company for contact...Thank you.

Yes, that will contact the seller directly, the questions and answers might have to wait till the seller looks at the web page.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

One good thing about Amazon, they have whats called an ABC guaranty , If it's not your fault ... they sent you the wrong item, it doesn't work etc etc the seller has 3 days from when you contact Amazon, if the seller does not reply or take care of the mistake Amazon refunds your cost.
I have used this a few times.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #40

Tried to place order for above starter, details mentioned to specify CW or CCW rotation, which mine is the latter.

No where did I see an option to do this and when order preceded to place order, it said CW in description.

Did I miss something or, there not offering it in CCW as the details in their listing suggest?
Are you saying you have a ccw rotation?

I just looked up the manual on that engine and it says clockwise, or perhaps I am confused.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts