Power Equipment Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Honda Power Equipment

We're proud to bring you award winning products - and this year, we're happy to announce that our Honda Generator EU7000iS has won the 2021 Pro Tools Innovation Award for best Outdoor Power Equipment!
馃弳

Wheel Tire Plant Automotive tire Window

Reactions: iowagold

Registered
I agree, and I don鈥檛 mean argue that fact. However, how is it determined to be the winner? What are the requirements to be assessed as the best? Or is it simply a bought win by the highest bidder?? I prefer real world judges, the folks that spent their hard earned money, without a vested interest.

Registered
Honda Power Equipment

We're proud to bring you award winning products - and this year, we're happy to announce that our Honda Generator EU7000iS has won the 2021 Pro Tools Innovation Award for best Outdoor Power Equipment!
馃弳

View attachment 10250
yup they are just all that!
and then some!.
folks who do not understand why honda.... just have yet to own one.
after you have used one, you will know why they are rated so high.

Premium Member
I agree, and I don鈥檛 mean argue that fact. However, how is it determined to be the winner? What are the requirements to be assessed as the best? Or is it simply a bought win by the highest bidder?? I prefer real world judges, the folks that spent their hard earned money, without a vested interest.
I think the key word is 鈥淚nnovation鈥, nothing else appears to be all that innovative. Just copying hondas example. At least as far as generators are concerned.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Registered
Other than batteries, backup generation was the most expensive part of being off grid (amortized). I wasted a lot of money over the years experimenting. Then I discovered inverter generators. Then I bit the bullet and got the EU7000is. It's more generator than I need but operating costs are less than a conventional generator at fraction of its size. Auto start/stop capable (aftermarket) too. Quiet. Tied to programming and battery voltage I just keep the tank topped off and change the oil as required. The award and recognition is well disserved.

Last year I went with SimpliPHI lithiums. The system is now as close as it gets to not needing oversight.

Reactions: iowagold
1 - 8 of 8 Posts