Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of 2 cycle Oil are you using? i am using Opti 2 on all my 2 cycle engines. Seems to work good with little smoke!

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I like using Klotz, synthetic. But as long as it's synthetic and formulated for my equipment, I'm in.

Reasons:

Easier starting
cleaner running
lower engine temps.
and just smells better.

Nuttin like two-stroke smoke in the mornin! That's my coffee.:D

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you use 1 mix for all your 2 strokes? So far I have been able to with no ill effects that I have noticed.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
Yes, I run everything at 40 to 1. Using at least 93 octane. Ain't had anything seize-up yet. And I run my 2-strokers hard.:cool:

You do have to watch, some 2-stroke mix is designed for outboards. I hear it's not good to use that in our small air cooled engines. :confused:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I run everything at 40 to 1. Using at least 93 octane. Ain't had anything seize-up yet. And I run my 2-strokers hard.:cool:

You do have to watch, some 2-stroke mix is designed for outboards. I hear it's not good to use that in our small air cooled engines. :confused:
I have heard that also, but then have read where guys use Quick Silver with no trouble. Don't know about the other Outboard Brands.

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
ummm ehhhh something synthetic and its blue ...... sorry cant remember the name iirc i got it at wally world

1 - 8 of 8 Posts