Power Equipment Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i got this ariens snowblower for free from a friend. it didnt run, but i did a carb clean and now its running great

also, the auger didnt spin and he said he thought it needed a pin
turns out all the shear pins etc were good, so i checked the belt--- it was off the pulley and beaten up. i took it off and just bought a new one..

however i am curious of the following

it appears that this machine only has one belt from the motor to the drive pulley, and then the auger clutch engages to the drive pulley..

but with no belt, the drive pulley spins freely even with the machine in gear. should it be locked with the wheels?? i am curious whether this belt is going to have me ready for winter or if theres another issue i need to figure out.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, i havent gotten the belt on because i just ordered it and am waiting for shipping.

but when i spin the wheels, the large pulley stays free. im just wondering if theres another belt or chain for the drive, or if the pulley is supposed to spin freely. maybe a broken pin or something??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i think i just realized i wasnt holding the drive clutch handle thing while checking all this. i cannot confirm until the next time im at the lake house though, but i think that was the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts