Did you buy your gen/inver online? - Power Equipment Forum : Power Equipment Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Did you buy your gen/inver online?

So been looking at the predator, but northern tool has the same copy of it for a standard 2 year warranty. I asked northern about warranty service, and it would have to brought to a facility which is about an hour drive- even if it was doa out of the box!

Anyone have any issues with a new unit not working correctly that was purchased online? Was it more of a hassle than the savings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 11:33 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I purchased two of the Honda 2000eu generators on line, no problems. No really local dealer, I would have to drive at least 35 miles one way. At the time I found prices just under $1000 and no tax. They would have been much more expensive purchased at the closest dealer. Tax situation changed this month so I would probably reconsider an on line purchase and go local now.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-17-2019, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I purchased a Champion 100538 generator online. I've been very happy with it so far. saved about $200. well worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkingrph View Post
I purchased two of the Honda 2000eu generators on line, no problems. No really local dealer, I would have to drive at least 35 miles one way. At the time I found prices just under $1000 and no tax. They would have been much more expensive purchased at the closest dealer. Tax situation changed this month so I would probably reconsider an on line purchase and go local now.
Very true, the tax issue makes it a game changer
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 02:08 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I bought one Generac online from Amz about twelve years ago, still going strong, no issues. Decided to get a larger unit and bought that one online at Loews due to better selection and picked up locally when it was shipped in. One subtlety about buying larger items like gensets is "power tail gate" delivery vs "loading dock."

Being in a rural area with a two hour drive to major urban shopping, online is a fact of life. We've had no "DOA" issues. The one thing I haven't bought online is a TV, though I've noticed when UPS or FedEx pulls in and the door opens, lots of flat screen TV boxes. :-)
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-19-2019, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by exmar View Post
I bought one Generac online from Amz about twelve years ago, still going strong, no issues. Decided to get a larger unit and bought that one online at Loews due to better selection and picked up locally when it was shipped in. One subtlety about buying larger items like gensets is "power tail gate" delivery vs "loading dock."

Being in a rural area with a two hour drive to major urban shopping, online is a fact of life. We've had no "DOA" issues. The one thing I haven't bought online is a TV, though I've noticed when UPS or FedEx pulls in and the door opens, lots of flat screen TV boxes. :-)
I bought a 55" Samsung on line from them last year between Christmas and Thanksgiving. Our 12 year old Sharp was on it's way out. Turn it on and you would get a screen full of garbage or solid pink screen. Turn it on and off a couple of times and picture came on, not great. My son was over for Thanksgiving so I said leave it on day and night and it held. I placed an order with Samsung then later after noting about a 10 day delivery, looked at amazon and found i could get next day for same set and price, so went to cancel and got an email offering 10% off if i kept the order which i did. Gave the old set away to and IT/computer guy for parts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 02:29 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I purchased Rockpals 300W on Amazon, it was exactly what i wanted. If you haven't chosen which one you need yet, i attach this overview. There are pros and cons of every model, even i sorted out. Good luck.
https://generatoron.org/best-solar-generator/
P.S. don't have experience of buying smth on the other sites.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-23-2019, 09:50 PM

my experience would lead me to buy the HF version and the extended warranty and return the unit if it fails...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-29-2019, 12:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdummy View Post
my experience would lead me to buy the HF version and the extended warranty and return the unit if it fails...
Thought I would upgrade my post. I agree, and was about to go this route. Unfortunately with all the power outages here in CA, HF gen/inv were flying off the shelf. The 2000 series is about 450$, add 100$ for extended 2 year warranty, plus tax puts it about 600$. I found a champion 100402 at bass pro shop online. They have a store a 45 min drive. 400$ on sale, 3 year warranty. Just got it the other day and breaking it in. Very happy with the purchase.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Power Equipment Forum : Power Equipment Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page