Looking for inverter generator to fit my needs - Power Equipment Forum : Power Equipment Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 08:06 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Looking for inverter generator to fit my needs

I'm looking for the most efficient and quiet generator available too run an air compressor. It is 230v and runs at 36-32 amp. I presume I need something with at least a 40a circuit, but I would also like a 110v connection to run a light and radio. I think something around 8kw would be sufficient. Does this animal exist? Where could i find it?

Thanx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 12:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
I think the largest inverter generators are the Yamaha EF6300iSDE 5500/6300W and the Honda EU7000is 5500/7000W. I believe you can parallel two of the Hondas to get almost double the capacity. Pretty pricey, though! I'd probably go for a single quiet diesel unit instead.

https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect...enerators.html

Last edited by tabora; 05-24-2019 at 12:40 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 04:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum. That's an awfully big load! Does it draw 32-36A constantly while running? 36A at 230V is 8300W.

But electric motors will draw a brief spike of current as they start spinning, sometimes double the running current. So the generator might, very-briefly, have to supply much more than 8000W. You could ask Honda or Yamaha what they think, but like tabora said, it sure sounds like you'd need 2 of their large inverter units, in parallel.

What's your budget? You can get a ~12,000W-peak (say more like 9,000W continuous) conventional generator for maybe in the range of $1,000-1,500. But to do that with inverter units will be much more expensive. This package is $9,200, for a pair of Honda 7000W inverter generators, and a parallel kit, for 14,000W peak.
https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect...or/p62441.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Power Equipment Forum : Power Equipment Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page