Predator 3500 cumulative hours display question - Power Equipment Forum : Power Equipment Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 04:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Predator 3500 cumulative hours display question

The Predator 3500 LCD display’s “hours” function is very poorly described in the manual. As the user repeatedly presses the display button, the display cycles through several modes, the last two both being labeled, “hours”.
The first “hours” value is the total cumulative hours that the generator has run during its lifetime. It only shows hours, not hours and minutes.
The second “hours” value is the hours and minutes elapsed during the current running session (i.e., time elapsed since the most recent startup.)
When the generator is OFF, pressing the display button makes the display show the first “cumulative hours” value only.
Neither the manual nor its “technical questions” phone tech rep (1-888-866-5797) could tell me whether disconnecting the battery (i.e. to bench charge it or replace it) will erase the “cumulative hours” value.
If anyone knows the answer to that question, please post it here: users need to know how reliable that “cumulative hours” value actually is, since the warranty prescribes various service actions to be performed at various intervals and cumulative hours stages.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
FYI, Yes, the Predator 3500 does retain its cumulative hours value when the battery is removed. I had the battery out for several hours today for bench charging and the cumulative hours value was not lost.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-31-2019, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Thanks! It's nice to have a conclusive answer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Power Equipment Forum : Power Equipment Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page