Chinese diesel genset problems - Power Equipment Forum : Power Equipment Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2016, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Chinese diesel genset problems

I have 3 of the Chinese diesel gensets and they have the same problem.One has over 3 1/2 years on vegetable oil.The other 2 were on just diesel.The RPMs wont come up to what is needed to get full power out put.I think its short about 2 to 300 rpm and I dont think its the governor.Injector?Its a one cylinder air cooled diesel about 5500watts.electric start. I understand these are a Yanmar copy?where can i get the black regulating device that is curved and sits just inside the winding cover?One of mine melted.Also where can I get a manual and exploded parts diagram?Any help much appreciatted. Thanks
Herman
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-12-2016, 01:00 AM

The ones I used to work on had avrs under the back cover if the generator has brushes. Is it a brush type?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-22-2016, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi Herman, the regulating device is called an AVR and they are commonly available from generator spares suppliers. You could also try ebay. It's worth bearing in mind that if the AVR is failing it's probably due to the fact that it is trying to compensate for a problem with the engine speed so its best to correct that problem first or you will just keep burning out AVRs. Have you tried regular diesel instead of veg oil to see if that improves the rPM? Also, if the combustion is not good most likely your injector will be clogged with carbon deposits. you can clean it with a solvent and wire wool or similar abrasive, then check to see if it is making a proper spray pattern - there should be four jets. wear a breathing mask so you dont inhale the atomized diesel when doing this.

i'm no expert but i suspect veg oil doesnt burn quite as well as diesel even when it's hot. usually bio diesel made from veg oil is processed in various ways to bring its viscosity and flash point to the right specification for diesel engines.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 06:23 AM

@Rion , right said
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 10:52 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to sherlywang
I am also curious about the veg oil...Does the machine definately burn veg oil instead of diesel? I do not under stand that why you choose use veg for one and other use diesel...But Rion is right anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Power Equipment Forum : Power Equipment Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page