Power Equipment Forum banner

please recommend a battery powered chain saw...

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Melson 
#1 ·
for general home / yard use. thinking of ego brand. Pros & cons? also will be buying an electric lawn mower that would use the same battery...

thanks,

jim

#2 ·
I had an opportunity to test a 2016 model year Echo cordless alongside my Echo 280 (2 hp) gas saw.
The cordless electric was impressive. It was neck & neck for power in the cut. And the battery lasted long enough to be useful.
That particular Echo cordless had a couple frustrating issues, but it was also an early model version. I would expect current models to be even better.
My thoughts are that for a homeowner who has general yard work in mind... these cordless saws make a compelling solution.

#5 ·
Just an idea that may or may not be helpful depending on your use case. I considered a cordless chainsaw at one time, but got a reciprocating saw instead. With pruning blades, it makes short work of the light/medium pruning I do, and it's a lot more useful for other things than a chainsaw is. Uses the same batteries as my drill.

#10 ·
A buddy of mine has been slowly converting to cordless (LiON type) for all his power tools including mower, trimmer, etc.
At first I was skeptical, me being a hardcore power junkie. But I now admit that, at least for homeowner purposes up to 2hp or so...it plain works, makes sense, and seems to be the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.