Power Equipment Forum banner

!st Air Compressor (Ingersoll Rand RAE6VA), need parts & info...

31K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  iowagold 
#1 ·
Just brought home a used Ingersoll Rand Model RA5E6VA 60 gallon, 5 horse, 220 volt, single phase, vertical air compressor. Was given to me by a friend of a friend. Built in 1987. Is missing the pulley that fits on the motor and the belt, along with the front half of the plastic guard that fits over the belt. Is on very nice shape. Did not get home in time to see if the parts are available at Ingersoll Rand. Will try and call them on Monday.
If the parts are not available was wondering if anyone has one of these and knows the part numbers of the motor pulley, belt and the front of the belt guard. If not does anyone know the size of the motor pulley and the belt?
Anything that I need to know and/or do before I get it running. It's been 3 years since it was used. I noticed it has a oil dip stick tube....have not pulled it out yet. What type of maintaince does this kind of a compressor need to keep running right? Sorry for all the questions but want to make sure I lean everything I need to know before I use it.

Thanks
Greg in Michigan

#3 ·
I did get a hold of a tech at the Ingersoll Rand Air Support Center and he e-mailed me a diagram and parts list of the system. All I need now is try and get a copy of the owners manual...........to find out the do's & don'ts of owning and using a large air compressor.......well large to me anyway.........LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.