Portable air compressor for my air tools - Power Equipment Forum : Power Equipment Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-06-2019, 03:23 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Red face Portable air compressor for my air tools

Hi,

I'm not a native English speaker so please bear with me.

I run a small carpenter company where we often (at least 2-3 times /month) gets a job that requires us to use a portable air compressor.
Until now I've always borrowed one from my friend or hired one when I couldn't use his.
The reason that I haven't bought one earlier is that we usually go for bigger jobs where a small air tool isn't of much use, but I've now come to a point where the best option is to buy one myself.

I know my way around air compressors, but I would like to know if you had any experience with something you could recommend?

90% of the time it would be used for a nail gun, the major thing for me has to be mobility. We move around a lot and I need something that won't hold us back by being too big/bulky or break within a few months.

I'm thinking about buying one of these.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-2...C700/202713487
(The rest of my tools come from the same brand and Makita doesn't break)

https://getaircompressor.com/portabl...r-cable-c2002/
(Looks easy to carry, that's pretty much it)

Would anyone of you like to help me and point me in the right direction?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-07-2019, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Christian,

For professional use, I would recommend the Makita oil lubricated compressor for durability.
The oil less compressors are extra light duty and basically are for home use. Most folks throw them away when they break, and they will, right after the end of the warranty period. They are designed to last just long enough to get a project done (cheap/disposable)

Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Karlsson View Post
Hi,

I'm not a native English speaker so please bear with me.

I run a small carpenter company where we often (at least 2-3 times /month) gets a job that requires us to use a portable air compressor.
Until now I've always borrowed one from my friend or hired one when I couldn't use his.
The reason that I haven't bought one earlier is that we usually go for bigger jobs where a small air tool isn't of much use, but I've now come to a point where the best option is to buy one myself.

I know my way around air compressors, but I would like to know if you had any experience with something you could recommend?

90% of the time it would be used for a nail gun, the major thing for me has to be mobility. We move around a lot and I need something that won't hold us back by being too big/bulky or break within a few months.

I'm thinking about buying one of these.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-2...C700/202713487
(The rest of my tools come from the same brand and Makita doesn't break)

https://getaircompressor.com/portabl...r-cable-c2002/
(Looks easy to carry, that's pretty much it)

Would anyone of you like to help me and point me in the right direction?

Last edited by stevon; 05-09-2019 at 10:34 AM. Reason: home use
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Power Equipment Forum : Power Equipment Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page