Honda Ex1000 generator output help - Power Equipment Forum : Power Equipment Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 12:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs down Honda Ex1000 generator output help

Hi there

I have a older Honda Ex1000 and hasn't run for a few years. I had it fired up on one pull with no problem. Runs smooth but no electricity power output. I did some research and they say to flash it by putting a car battery to it. That didn't work. So I did some more research and they say to plug a electric drill into the outlets and spin the drill backwards by hand with the generator running. I did that and the drill started to get power. It wasn't constant power, one second on, one second off. I then plugged my toaster in and it ran for the full 4 minutes with no problems. I then tried a led flood light and no power. Then I tried a 500 watt halogen flood light and that worked. Turned it off for 20 minutes and this time I tried with a fan and no power. So I plugged in my trouble light with a cfl bulb and no power. I plugged the trouble light into a wall and it worked. So went back to the drill. It turned on instantly without me having to spin the drill by hand. The power is one second one one second off. Anyone know what this could be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
I have a older Honda Ex1000 ....The power is one second one one second off. Anyone know what this could be?
There are only a few parts that can fail, but the troubleshooting process is quite detailed. Suggest you get a genuine Honda shop manual (paper) and you'll at least know what's wrong. Beware: some replacement parts are very expensive....for example, if the stator has been fried, a new one is $300+ list, the roto is $358, etc. A new diode is $93. . Problem is, that model has been discontinued for a long, long time now, so parts are rare and costly to keep made and in-stock all these years.

Shop manuals here:
Honda Power Equipment Shop Manuals on eBay
Honda Power Equipment Shop Manuals on Amazon

- - -
[email protected]
Social Media Consigliere
Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding is my opinion alone.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply. My father owns a Tv & other electronics repair shop. I never thought of it till now. Maybe the techs there would somewhat have an idea what is going on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-04-2014, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Turns out to be the idle being low. Sped the idle up and I got good power flow
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Power Equipment Forum : Power Equipment Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page