Corn in your gas? - Page 2 - Power Equipment Forum : Power Equipment Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-12-2010, 11:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to tractornut
oddly enough the only thing i have had trouble with so far was my tractor today it has sat about a month with what i believe is e85 gas in it and it was having troubles running when i decided to fire it up and drive it around the yard. but go figure all my 2 cycle stuff can sit for 6 months with the crap gas in them and will fire up with no problems

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-13-2010, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

I have found several places here that doesn't sell ethanol in their gas, so I should be okay. Would like to buy it in Missouri, where gas is 10-15 cents cheaper(6 miles away)but all of Missouri gas has ethanol and they don't have to mark the pumps. So Kansas gas it is for me.

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 09:21 PM
Super Moderator

Has any of you guys tried this in your ethanol gas?
Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment - Star Tron Gasoline Additive

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-01-2012, 12:57 PM

I'm in NJ where ethanol-mixed gasoline is in every gas station in the state, so I'm stuck with using the mix in my 2-cycle equipment. So far, the only ones that have been affected are two of my chain saws. One had the plastic fuel line almost disintegrate. When I started to remove the line, it was in 6 short pieces. The carb in the other had to be rebuilt, so that meant buying kit over the Internet. I guess having to do such repairs is a fact of life today. I've gotten into the habit of draining the tank on my string trimmer, chain saws, blowers and mini-tiller if I know I'll not be using the machine for a few weeks or more. Not sure it will do much good, but that's about the best I can think of.

As you can imagine, I'm very much opposed to this ethanol plague, and I don't believe it's necessary. I've read somewhere that it has driven the cost of gasoline up about 50 cents a gallon and causes unnecessary mechanical problems.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 03:06 PM

I used to use the red Stabil but now have switched to the Stabil Marine blue formula which is supposed to treat ethanol. So far no problems but then I never had any problems using the red Stabil either
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Power Equipment Forum : Power Equipment Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page