Power Equipment Forum banner

Bogging and grating noise electric mower

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  KenMathisHD 
#1 ·
I've got a B&D Lawn Hog electric mower, it seems to be bogging down when I engage the trigger. It'll start, then make this horrible grating/grinding noise like the blade is chopping away at something plastic, and then start getting up to speed, takes maybe 3-6 seconds for it to get to full speed after hearing the noise. This happens every time the trigger is engaged, regardless of the angle of the mower or what, if anything, is under it. I feel some vibration, but don't know if it's any different than before as we don't mow often. I didn't see anything that looked like it was wrapped around the blade or shaft, and I don't see any scraping marks on the underside that look like they would've come from a loose blade. I can't really seem to find anything on this, most people just seem to have issues either with the trigger mechanism going out or they bent/damaged the blade, but the blade seems fine aside from needing sharpening and the symptoms don't seem similar. What are some other things I should check that might be causing the problem? I'd rather not buy a new mower if I don't have to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.