low power Camping Generator help - Power Equipment Forum : Power Equipment Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 01:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
low power Camping Generator help

Hi all,
I really need some help with camping generator options - there are so many to choose from these days!
these are some options i was looking at.
Could anyone please give me a recommended option (note: I am a New Zealand buyer so prices are in NZD but ignore price just tell me what you think is best):

SUPASWIFT XG1350 INVERTER GENERATOR $699.00
60cc
13kg
max kva 1350
rated: 1.1kva
58dba (7m)
usb
https://www.collingwoods.net.nz/prod...rter-generator

GSMOON XYG1200i PureSine Inverter Portable 1200W Max - $444.50 (13.5 kg 15kg full of gas)
gas cap: 3L
(7m)/dBA: 58 (100% load)
dis: 60cc
run: 4.3hrs 100% load
aircooled
CE/GS/EPA 1200W Gas Silent Portable Generators, inverter generators Manufacturer From Jinhua China, FOB Price is USD 100.0-200.0/Box

GT2005I DIGITAL INVERTER GENERATOR 2000W - $1,195.00
excl GST
20kg
51db
5.4L - 8hrs run at %80 load
2000W DIGITAL INVERTER GENERATOR

Trade Tested Digital Inverter Generator 1000W $699 (14kg)
3.6L
50cc
rated out: 900W
7 hours @rated load
54-58db
fan cooled
https://www.tradetested.co.nz/digita...tor-1000w.html

Thank you for any advice you can give...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
FWIW, have no knowledge of those brands. "Generically," you should determine what you will want to power and determine the wattage you'll require. As these are light duty units, running at or near max wattage for an extended period will lead to early failure. e.g. If you determine you'll have a 1,000 watt steady state load, look at 1500-2000W. Also, note that most gensets talk about "12 hour runtime per tank of gas at half load" Factor that in if you're carrying extra fuel. As with any small engine purchase is reputable service available locally? Not a camper, but not sure why the interest in inverter gensets other than they tend to be quieter in operation. Talk to other campers and see what they like and why and factor into your plans.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Power Equipment Forum : Power Equipment Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page