Power Equipment Forum banner

HONDA Carburator Gaskets

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  cmartyn 
#1 · (Edited)
HONDA carburetor Gaskets

Question for Honda carb experts, I have this carb on a GX200 I am playing with and one thing that bugs me is the gasket between the carb and the choke plate. I took a picture of it. Overall, the fit is a little sloppy so I always try and tack it in place when installing but it is a bit of a bear when you have to put it up between the choke plate and the carb on the end of the studs.. But I digress. The picture shows a little hole that is covered half way by the gasket. When I spray carb cleaner in there it comes right back at me so I don't think it is a bowl vent. Does anyone know what it is and why the gasket covers half of it up? Does it look right to you? I checked and the gasket is the correct OEM part number on Honda parts site and I am orienting it the way it shows in the service manual.

Please see attached pic for details. There is an arrow pointing at the hole that is partially blocked.

Thanks! And forgive my speeling :)

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, I dunno either! on clone carbs that hole exists but it is plugged. My guess is deep down inside there is a plug for something. I put a little gas in it this morning and it is still there so either it is a tiny passage or a plug :) Still curious about it if anyone has any idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.